Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Knobby Ankles

I have a surprising problem. I walk with my feet too close together. And, you know those knobby thingies on your ankles? Well, mine bump together! Unless you have knocked your ankles together, you could never know how much that hurts. Especially if your ankles are cold and already hurting! I asked my dad if my ankle knobbies are too big, and he said that they're fine, it's just the way I walk. I walk as if I'm trying to balance on a type rope, placing one foot almost directly in front of the other. My dad says I'm supposed to be walking with my feet shoulder width apart. I tried it, and when I tried to turn, I fell over. Maybe it's because my hips are too narrow? Oh well, now I have another thing that I have to relearn in order to function properly.

Were there more things I had to relearn? Oh yeah! First it was learning how to differentiate the sounds "ss" and "th" at the age of 12, something I STILL don't have down (I still can't say "something"). Then, it was learning not to respond to everything I found exciting with a scream (I've downgraded to squealing). Then it was forcing my tongue (which has been medically diagnosed as too long for my mouth) away from my teeth where I normally rest it to the middle of the abnormally low roof of my mouth (the roof of my mouth is actually partially convex instead of concave). Now it's relearning how to walk without knocking my ankles together. -sigh-

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, you're going to post a comment, eh? Well, thanks. Yeah, just don't mark up my pretty blog with profanity.